Pack 197 – Summer Camp Options
Category : Activities , Camping , Featured , News
Hi Cub Scout Parents,
As summer approaches, I wanted to let you know about the two summer camp options available to your Scouts: Day Camp and Resident Camp.
Open to all Cub Scouts, Day Camp is a great way for Scouts to experience the fun of camp without having to spend the night away from home. Your Scout will participate in a variety of activities like archery, BB-guns, field sports, nature, arts and crafts. Day Camp will be held from July 10-14 at Camp Lazarus.
Learn more: https://scoutingevent.com/441-2023_Polaris_DayCamp_Lazarus
Cost: $100 per youth (until March 31), $15 per adult
Important Info & Registration:
1. We ask that every parent who sends a Scout to day camp volunteer for at least one day. You will be able to register yourself and choose your availability during the online registration process.
2. Scouts entering 1st grade (current Lion Scouts) MUST have a trusted adult in attendance with them at camp at all times.
3. When registering, be sure to select your Scout’s next year rank. (i.e. if they are currently a Tiger, choose Wolf)
4. After completing the registration form (https://scoutingevent.com/441-64814-163375), please forward your confirmation email to me (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will keep an updated roster of who is attending camp from our Pack.
Resident Camp is open to current Bear and Webelos Scouts. Resident Camp is a 3-night, 4-day camping experience where Scouts will participate in a variety of outdoor activities, such as fishing, creeking, campfires, and tons more! Resident Camp will be held from July 30 – August 2 at Cub World Adventure Camp (part of Camp Friedlander, located near Cincinnati).
Learn more: https://danbeard.org/webelos-camp/
Cost: $285 per youth, $100 per adult (until April 30)
Important Info & Registration:
1. We prefer that each Scout has a parent or guardian present, however, adult attendance is not required. (Adults must complete the online Youth Protection Training prior to arrival at camp.)
2. When completing your online registration (https://mycouncil.danbeard.org/Event/12860), choose the option to register as an individual. When asked for your Home Unit, select “Simon Kenton Council” and enter unit number 3197. When asked for your Sleeping Accommodation, choose “No Preference” to camp with our group.
3. After completing the registration form, please forward your confirmation email to me (email@example.com). I will keep an updated roster of who is going.
4. Resident camp requires parts A, B, and C of the BSA Medical Forms for each participant (including adults), which does require a pre-camp physical exam.
Both Day Camp and Resident Camp offer opportunities for Scouts to develop new skills, make new friends, and create lasting memories. They’re also a great opportunity to get a head start on earning next year’s rank badge! We encourage you to consider both options and discuss with your Scout which camp experience(s) would be the best fit for them.
If you have any questions regarding either camp option, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Yours in Scouting,