|Monday, Sept 21||Sale Begins! The beginning of the sale is the most effective time to sell!|
|Tuesday, Sept 29||First week of sale complete. Send e-mail if you sold more than $300 so far to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Thursday, Oct 22||Sale ends! Enter any orders you took at https://tinyurl.com/PopcornPack197 Payments for popcorn due at pickup|
|Wed Nov 18 5pm-8pm||Help unload popcorn truck, pickup popcorn and drop off payments|
|Nov 19/Nov 20 6p-8pm||Pickup Popcorn and turn in payments|
WHAT CAN MY SCOUT EARN?
· The first scout in each rank to reach $300 in sales gets a Meijer gift card (Meijer has a great toy section!)
· A chance to win a remote control model sports car for selling $300 in the first week of the sale
· The Top 3 selling scouts get free summer day camp admission
· All scouts who sell over $300 during the sale season get free admission to the cold-toes campout
· Numerous prizes and a popcorn sales patch start at just $125 of sales
· Selling $1,500 awards 2 tickets to the Columbus Blue Jackets Scout Nite Game with special Blue Jackets experience
HOW CAN I SELL ONLINE?
· The pack will establish an account for the Scout through the parent’s e-mail address. Watch your e-mail for an invitation to sell online from email@example.com. Online sales are shipped directly to the customer and payment is taken online from the customer.
· See our parent information sheet for step-by-step instructions on setting up your account at https://tinyurl.com/y5ke5rna
· Order Forms, Prize Forms, Nutrition Info, and photos you can use in online postings are all here: https://tinyurl.com/y5pclarc
· Social media is a great way to advertise your popcorn. Your invitation will include a template message and “Shop” button you can share out to your social media contacts. Want to get more creative? Try using some graphics and text from our social media toolkit located here: https://tinyurl.com/y5pclarc
Activities cancelled by COVID?
Looking to have fun outdoors with good friends?Video: Cubs Camping
Check out Cub Scout Pack 197! We are currently meeting virtually with our first in person meeting on September 14th.
We have a number of informational sessions available where families who are interested to learn about Scouting can attend and learn more about our Pack.
Meetings will occur virtually via Zoom on the following dates/times:
This week is “Invite Your Friend to Scouting” Week!
To New Scouts – See this post!
To Current Scouts – if you have friends that would like to join Scouting for the year, send them to either Mr. Rob or Mr. Nathan and they will help answer any questions.
Pack 197 | Virtual Blue & Gold Celebration
Jun 15, 2020 6:30-8:00 PM
The Pack 197 Virtual Blue & Gold Celebration – one of our most exciting events of the year – is just two weeks away!
Please RSVP here so we can plan for all available zoom logins – https://forms.gle/epKXmhY5wjDmqjie7
Like every other year when we celebrate together in person, this is an event for the whole family. Everyone, not just your Scout, is invited to sit together for the evening and celebrate this past Scouting year. Grandparents and/or aunts and uncles aren’t able to make it? Invite them to join the virtual celebration as well! (Please RSVP them at the link above.)
Rank advancements will be celebrated as well as entertainment from local author and illustrator – Jason Tharp! (https://www.wondervillestudios.com/) Please have each Scout, as well as any siblings and kids at heart, be ready with blank paper and a favorite drawing tool.
Pack 197 Families,
Maintaining the safety of our scouts, families, and volunteer leaders is our top priority. As news continues to spread regarding the impacts of COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, we wanted to proactively reach out with our current plan of action.
After discussion, both Nathan and I agreed that it is best for all Pack 197 activities for the remainder of April to be placed on hold. Den leaders will contact you and hold virtual meetings as resources allow.
We will re-evaluate late April/May and will provide an update to families as the city / state / country endures these difficult times.
Yours in Scouting.
In lieu of a Cold Toes Campout this Saturday, we’ll be having our very first Cold Toes Virtual Campfire!
zoom meeting – check your email for the zoom info.
If it is nice outside, feel free to start a safe fire in the back yard and enjoy the evening.
We’ll be having some stories and songs and some skits … and mostly we’ll be having FUN!!!!
Should you have any questions, please reach out to me via email or text me.
WHEN: On Saturday, JANUARY 11th, 2020.
WHERE: The Point is at 60 Collegeview Rd. There is ample parking.
Is this your first Pinewood Derby with the pack? Don’t worry, we got you covered! On January 11th we are holding a Pinewood Derby Clinic at The Point at Otterbein. Scouts can draw the cuts they want on their block of wood and our experts at The Point will make the cuts for the scouts with their state of the art cutting machines. Don’t freeze out in your garage with some rusty old saw, come to The Point! It is HEATED!!!!!
Pinewood Derby Clinic Signup – Please sign up for one of the cutting time slots. We will also have Room 122 available for you to sand your car after the cut or ask one of our Derby Experts to answer any questions you might have about the event.
This in an opportunity for our Scouts to get some assistance working on their cars. We’ll have a limited number of design concepts available for the Scouts to choose from, or they are welcome to bring their own ideas. We will have tools for the Scouts to cut out and sand their cars, as well as drill holes for weights. Weights will be available for purchase at the event. Please keep in mind that the cars will not be complete as we won’t be painting or installing wheels. Please also remind your Scouts that we will have a limited amount of time available so we won’t be able to help with overly complex designs.
Clinic Parent Volunteers Signup – Volunteers are needed! Please let Chris Smiley know if you can help. If you can spare an hour (or two!) please signup using the link above. We need help at our check in table and in room 122.
Check out the Pinewood Derby page for more race information!
When: Saturday, February 15th, 2020.
Where: Room 230 at the Heritage Christian church.
Registration starts at 10:30 AM.
Registration closes at 11:30 AM.
Voting for the best design will begin after registration closes.
Car registration number will be used during anonymous voting for the best design and computer tracking of race results. Cars must display registration numbers on the front.
Head over to the Pinewood Derby page for all of the details and rules!