2015 Event Notes
In 2015 race will be on Monday, October 26th at the October Pack Meeting. Registration and voting will start between 6:40 PM and 7:00 PM. There will be signs directing you to where to register the racer in the second floor gymnasium – Registration will be done by Den with a unique number affixed to each racer to facilitate anonymous voting.
2015 Design Categories
This year there are five design categories:
- Cartoons/Video Games/Movies
2015 Stats & Winners
We had 61 pumpkins enter the race. Of that number 27 hit the wall. Congratulations to all participants! Here are winners of the design competition:
Liam J. – Minion Racer (Cartoons, Video Games and Movie category)
Miles B. – The Cub Scout Wolf (Animal category)
Nick M. – The Mummy Mobile (Crazy category)
Jacob B. – Bone Apetit (Food category)
Jarred R. – Jarred (Scouting category and Best Overall Design)
About the Pumpkin Race
The Pumpkin Race is pack’s annual design competition to build the most creative pumpkin racer in one of a handful of categories. After voting on the designs, we will send all of the pumpkin racers down a 4 foot high ramp towards the back of the room. The challenge is to engineer the vehicle that will keep rolling straight after encountering the bump at the end of the ramp. Prizes are awarded same night after votes are counted. Participation patches are distributed to all registered scouts.
How to Participate
- Get a pumpkin. Decorate it with paint, markers, stickers, etc.
- Do NOT carve the pumpkin or racer will be disqualified.
- Get something with wheels (no larger than 18” wide).
- Select a category for the design competition.
- Create a design for the pumpkin and racer.
- Come up with a clever name for your racer.
- Secure the pumpkin to the racer – the ramp is 4 feet tall.
- Pose for a picture before adult volunteer sends racer down the ramp.
Enjoy watching pumpkins race down the ramp and see how far they go.