Who: All scouts currently registered with Pack 197, plus friends & siblings!
When: 6:00pm-8:00pm on October 25, 2020 (Pizza and refreshments will be available!)
Where: Heritage Christian Church, Large Meeting Room in the Children’s wing (Same room as normal Pack meetings)
What to Wear: Class-A uniforms are not required for this event. We invite you to wear a Scout-appropriate Halloween costume (not too scary!) or any Scout-related t-shirt (Class B).
Parent volunteers are needed! Sign-up here.
Friends & siblings are welcome!
This year’s Pumpkin Race will be a “Bring a Friend” event! That means any siblings or friends in grades K-5 are welcome to build their own Pumpkin Racer and have fun with us! Please tell your friends and family about this fun and free event! (Feel free to forward this email or share our social media posts.) To keep things fair for our Scouts, all of our guests will be competing for a very special “guest” trophy!
What is a Pumpkin Race?
This is a fun event where Scouts decorate a pumpkin vehicle that rolls down a ramp. Everyone hopes their racer will reach the wall about 50 feet away. But will their racer go straight?!
There is also a design competition to build the most creative pumpkin racer in 1 of 5 categories.
There will be pizza and refreshments available starting at 6:00 PM.
After voting on the designs and awarding prizes, one by one pumpkin racers go down a four foot ramp towards the back of the room. See pictures below.
How to Participate:
- Get a pumpkin.
- Get something with wheels (no larger than 18” wide or long)
- Do NOT carve the pumpkin.
- Select a category for the design competition. The racer receiving the most votes in each category will win.
- Create a design for the pumpkin and racer.Secure the pumpkin to the racer.
- Come up with a clever name for your racer.
- Enjoy watching pumpkins race down the ramp and see how far they go.
2022 Design Categories:
- Characters (Movies, TV, Books, Games, etc.)
- Guests (all non-Scout racers will be entered into this category)