How do I subscribe to the Pack event calendar?
Category : News
If you use Google Calendar, the quickest/easiest way to get started is to navigate to the Event Calendar page, and click the +Google Calendar button in the lower right. This will give you all Pack-wide events, including holidays, local sporting events, etc.
However, you should also subscribe to events published by your Den leaders. To do this, login to scoutbook.com and navigate to My Dashboard > Events > My Calendar.
At the bottom of the page, you will find Subscribe links for the Pack and the Den for each of your scouts. Click each to find a URL like:
To add these to your calendar, it depends on which type of calendar you’re using. Here are some quick instructions to get you started on a few of the most popular!
- Log into your Google calendar.
- On the left side of the page, find “Other Calendars” and click on the pull down arrow on the right.
- Click on “Add by URL.”
- Find “Other Calendars” and click on the pull down arrow on the right.
- Go to Outlook 2016 > Go to the Calendar.
- Next, go to the Home Tab in Outlook 2016 and click the “Open Calendar” dropdown. Select “From Internet”
- Paste your CalendarWiz iCal URL into the field. Click OK.
- Click “Yes” that you want to add this calendar to outlook and subscribe to updates.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap on Add Account… under the Mail section.
- Tap on Other.
- Tap on Add Subscribed Calendar under the Other section.
- Enter or copy in the server location of the calendar. This is typically a web address that ends in .ics.
- Enter any username, password, or SSL info you need to. Most times you don’t have to with public subscriptions.
- Tap the Next button.
- Tap the Save button.